Thursday, April 16, 2009

the little joys that life can bring me

As I said, I finally finished that God damned website. It's actually pretty good, to be honest (and egomaniacal, but whatever), and I know I put a shitload of work into it. It's not actually that impressive, but given my limited skill...eh, I'm sick of blowing my own trumpet for now.

What a gay expression that sounds like.

Anyway, I slept for about three hours and discovered, with forty minutes remaining before the deadline, that my CD drive was apparently broken beyond immediate repair. I sweated, but my flash drive was an acceptable backup. If I had put in all that fucking work and gotten marked off for it being late because they wouldn't accept a fucking flash drive, I would...well, I'd be extremely upset.

So that was that. Met up with Jamie after the class I turned in my website to (there's a test on Tuesday, gonna have to study for it on Sunday on account of Monday is a holiday to me), he was pretty impressed that I didn't have any signs of withdrawal like nausea or fatigue. I'm a little tired now, but that's because I stayed up all shitting night building this Web site.

I gotta admit, though, I'm proud of my little, stupid creation. I put a lot of work into it. One of the reasons I was super-depressed about three weeks ago was that I realized I never create anything or accomplish anything anymore. I didn't even write in my last blog anymore, but fuck it, because it's a PG-rated sack of bullshit that I was sick of censoring.

But I really did create this site, and I'm probably going to get a good grade on it. All the code validates and works, no problems like misspelled links or broken pictures, it works in Firefox, IE and Safari...I feel like I've accomplished something, which is better than the mindless bullshit I usually churn out for classes. (English-department classes, mainly.)

That's not the little joy, though. The little joy was enduring all of that and then going pretty stoned to class, Martial Arts Cinema, which sounds entertaining until you realize it's just neck-deep film-study bullshit. The first little joy was moving from our normal classroom, in which the AC is constantly broken, into a regular, air-conditioned classroom like civilized people.

The second was that we don't have to give presentations on our final papers, as I thought we would have to a week before they were due (said so in the syllabus, the teacher changed her mind). Fuck yeah, dude.

Spent most of class with my friend Robocop (he chose the name, I asked him what fake name he wanted), who was sitting behind me as I typed on my laptop. Mostly it was just MST3k-style comments about the shitty movies we were watching, which apparently I'm pretty good at even when I'm high. When I get high again, I'm going to look back over all those comments I wrote and try and remember their context. Or invent new.

Anyway. I'm at SCIENCE's house, and he's battling a really bad headache and trying to realize exactly why he bought the sushi that he's eating.

Gotta save up my resin and kief and best weed for Monday, man. The very first 4/20 I'll ever properly celebrate.

Fun times.

1 comment:

  1. 4/20, that's high school shit. :) Who needs an excuse to blaze? I'm gonna smoke on 4/20, but I'm also gonna smoke on 4/19 (training for the actual event, you know) and then I'll continue smoking on 4/21. Ya herrrrrd meh?

    "me"

    ReplyDelete