Saturday, April 18, 2009

memory damage? what memory damage? i feel fine

So, really, only two noteworthy things happened since last I posted.

1. I went into the woods with SCIENCE and we took an alternate path I'd never seen before, that led to a log protruding over a river, with millions of plants growing all over it. I decided to cross it, and did so, very haltingly and with much grabbing of the scenery to stabilize myself.

I decided that I was being a pussy and confidence would let me stride right across it, so on the way back, I tried striding. Turns out, I was wrong, and I fell off the log. Now, this river wasn't the Mississippi, but that was part of the problem - it was deep enough to get me soaked, but shallow enough that if I fell in, it'd be just like hitting solid ground. And I was a good seven or eight feet up.

Fortunately, I managed to catch myself on a bunch of underbrush and secondary logs. I landed with my shoulder blades sort of pressed up against a thick branch and my foot braced against another log, with a million branches beneath me. About two feet above the river.

It was fun, and kind of scary. I thought for sure I'd break my neck, or at least get drenched. I managed to get away with only the tip of my shoe and the back cuff on my jeans leg getting wet, so that was pretty neat. SCIENCE said it looked like I had been caught by the forest, which is a nice image.

2. Today I was over at Bigmofo's house and a friend of his apparently had his car break, so he came in and asked if we could help push his car into his driveway. We all volunteered, because it sounded fun. It was.

It started with one, then two, then finally six people pushing on this car. I decided that since we had so much power, we should use it, so I called out "RUN!!" and started running. Everyone else thought this was a great idea (most of us had had some nice bong rips and shots of Jack Daniels, including me) and sped up.

The guy who was steering called it "The Buick Olympics." I saw a big bump up ahead and said "We're gonna launch this fucker." Someone else yelled "RAMMING SPEED!" Oh, it was entertainment. We were full-on sprinting and pushing this car down the road, it was quite the image, six drunken/stoned assholes bull-rushing a car down a remote residential road.

We left off after the bump and the guy managed to coast thirty-odd yards down the road and up his driveway from the momentum.

Fun times.

1 comment:

  1. Once you push the same car all around the state of fucking Florida, trust me it's not fun anymore. :) Glad YOU had fun though.

    sHeLLeY

    ReplyDelete