Monday, April 20, 2009

travels in the woods

Yesterday, there really wasn't much to talk about. I spent more or less the whole day slouching about in the woods near Bigmofo's house (it's a nature preserve, very nice stuff) and didn't really accomplish anything. Which is annoying, because I had planned to study for my test tomorrow and do my laundry, but I ran out of energy and fell asleep in my chair. This is probably a combination of the fact that weed fatigues me and walking around in the hot sun all day knocks me the fuck out, so, yeah.

I'll have to get both of those done today, which is going to be a little tricky seeing as it's 4/20, that greatest of days. In fact, I've been up for nearly a full hour and I'm not high yet - I'm disgracing the holiday.

One of the things I did yesterday was encounter a kid in the woods. I say kid because he was 17, and I'm nearly 21, so I tend to think of anyone younger than 18 as a kid. After much conversation, he told me that he knew some people who were willing to buy pot from me at reasonably high prices, telling me that high schoolers pay a lot more for weed than college kids would. Which is probably true.

At the time, I thought this was the greatest thing ever, but I was pretty high and didn't realize all the implications. After talking with Bigmofo (who is, as you may recall, a dealer) and my sister (who lived for a decade on the streets, prostituting herself and shooting heroin and generally getting involved in all kinds of bad situations), they both convinced me that I should stay the fuck away from high schoolers. Way worse legal trouble if I get caught, and the potential to get my ass kicked and have lots of money or weed stolen from me.

Fuck. Being a dealer, to hear Bigmofo describe it, is ridiculously profitable but considerably dangerous. He told me about three friends of his - one who got held up at gunpoint, one who had $4,000 stolen from his house, and one who was "set up" and is now spending 20 years in prison. I'm wondering if it's worth it or if I should just stick with my original strategy of submitting myself to medical experimentation and selling my blood plasma like I usually do.

I don't know. It's all pretty complicated. At the end of the day, I need money, and I really, really, REALLY do not want to have to take a regular near-minimum-wage job to deal with it. I'll take out student loans if I have to, I just really, seriously do not want to deal with another GameStop job. I worked at GameStop on and off for four years.

I would not recommend this to anyone. Not that GameStop is that bad an employer - though they have their moments - but working for minimum wage, or close to it, basically working retail at all is beneath my dignity as a fucking human being. I don't pretend that I'm better than people who work retail, I just believe that I've done my time in retail hell and no more for me.

Hmm. I reread that and it still comes off as arrogant. Oh well, fuck it, it's what I believe. I'm sick of moderating myself so that people don't cry and get offended.

Gonna weed it up today, and keeping a couple of 6-Hour Powers around to help stave off fatigue. I tried these 6-Hour Powers because it's basically spitting in the eye of 5-Hour Energy, and I want to know if they have the oomph to back up their boldness.

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmm did you really take out 3Gs? Slow dat pipe down, son! Happy 4/20 (bet I smoked more than YOUUUUU today heheh).

    ReplyDelete