Saturday, April 25, 2009

pain = bad, painkillers = good, why are killers good?

Sorry about the lack of updates recently, to my, er, reader. But I've been crippled with agonizing abdominal pain for quite some time now, all week. It started getting really bad Thursday, hence the lack of updates. But last night, that all changed.

Last night, it got so bad I went to the ER, where I waited for five hours fifteen before I saw the doctor. The highlights of that experience included:

- Trying desperately to find a comfortable position on the crappy waiting room chairs, to no avail
- Enjoying watching someone light a cigarette directly under a "No Smoking" sign
- Watched The Boondocks on the in-room TV once I got a room, around 4:45 or so
- Figured out that the pain was not, in fact, stomach pain, but probably kidney or bladder-related. This isn't good news, but it at least tells me why my stomach-centric cure attempts haven't been working.
- Got a scrip for Percocets, and a free sample right there in the doctor's office.

The Percs are the important part. I only got 10, but that should be more than enough to last me until my appointment early next week. These things are...great. I don't feel the slightest hint of pain from the area that was killing me all week long. I also feel a bit giddy and fun, and silly. Not extremely, but...some.

I wonder how weed reacts with these things? Guess it's time to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment